The African Violet Association of Australia, Inc was formed to promote a better understanding of the growing of the plants of the Gesneriad family and to provide a way for enthusiasts of these plants to share experiences.
The most widely known member of this family is the African violet (Saintpaulia). Other members of the gesneriad family including Columneas, Achimenes, Kohlerias, Episcias, Nematanthus, Sinningias, Aeschynanthus and Gloxinia are now becoming more popular.
Meetings where these plants are the focus of attention are held at 10.30 am on the 2nd Monday of each month February to November at the Burwood RSL Club, 96 Shaftesbury Road, Burwood, NSW.
Visitors are always welcome, but if you would like more information first, please ask us, by using the Contact link above.
The next meeting of the Association will be on 13 June at 10.30 am. This will be the Association's Annual General Meeting. There will also be a presentation called "African Violet Best Practice". Other meeting features will be present
1. Regular meetings provide informative talks and demonstrations as well as useful interaction with other growers
2. Meetings include a mini-show of plants where a selection of plants at their best is exhibited to members
3. Each meeting has a plant sales table where members may purchase plants unavailable outside of hobby growing.
4. Members are able to pre-order growing supplies such as potting mix and pots and pick them up at the meetings..
5. The Association's newsletter, "The African Violet" is provided to all members, either by email or by post.
Our African Violet and Gesneriad Show for 2021 has been postponed from November 2021 to 2 April, 2022. More details available soon.
Why not join the African Violet Association of Australia?
Use this link to download a Membership Form